Tamil heartthrob Amala Paul has finally broken her silence on media reports about the actor’s planned entry into Bollywood.

Speaking to a newspaper, Amala confirmed securing the much-speculated project. The film is going to be directed by Naresh Malhotra and will have Arjun Rampal in the lead role.

She told Chennai Times, “I’ve been getting Bollywood offers for a while now, but I was waiting to choose the right project. I’ve got offers where the makers would ask me if was comfortable in a bikini. I’d tell them, yes, I am, but what more is there to my role. Once, I was almost finalised for the role of a Punjabi girl.”

Amala said that she wasn’t sure of delivering the Punjabi accent adding that she had been  ‘auditioning on and off.’

“When Naresh’s project came by, I was kicked. He had seen some of my work in Tamil and approached me for the project. I met him for a narration and was excited. He had already seen my films and was sure that I could pull it off. So, there was no audition. In fact, this role is tailor-made for me. I am pretty glad to be making my Bollywood debut now, when I have the maturity and confidence to pull it off,” Amala said.

The shooting for the film will commence in October in the Himalayas. This was “another reason that got me excited,” Amama said. She added, “I met Arjun during one the discussions. It was more of a friendly meet where we discussed how good my Hindi is. Since I lived in Delhi for quite a while, my Hindi is pretty good. Of course, we will be having some workshops, too.”

Amala’s next project, Raatchasan with Vishnu Vishal, is all set to release.She is also shooting Adho Andha Paravai Pola and her Malayalam film Aadujeevitha.

In February, Amala stunned everyone with allegations that a businessman had made sexual advancement towards her during a dance rehearsal for an event, scheduled to be held in Malaysia. This prompted her to file a police complaint with the T Nagar police station in Chennai.

“I have been going to a dance practice for the past few days, for an event, that is set to happen in Malaysia. During the practice, this person comes and talks to me personally, when I am alone. He talks about trading me, sexually, to another person, and asks sexual favours, which was not comfortable.

“I was shocked and humiliated. I didn’t feel safe about this and that is why I have come here, to file a complaint against him. This happened at Sridhar Master’s dance studio, but he is not aware of this. He doesn’t have any connection. Someone from the event organisers team should have only intimated this person about my dance practice schedule,” Paul was quoted by a website.

The businessman in question was later arrested by Chennai Police.

 

 

Tamil actress Amala Paul breaks her silence on Bollywood project



from Janta Ka Reporter 2.0 https://ift.tt/2Ab3FXl
via © inkPointMedia
Share To:

inkPoint Media

Post A Comment: