At least 20 people are feared dead and scores injured after a passenger bus caught fire in Uttar Pradesh’s Kannauj district. The Jaipur-bound sleeper bus caught fire after a head-on collision with a truck. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi have expressed their sadness on the tragedy.

Kannauj

Modi wrote on Twitter, “I am saddened to learn about the tragic road accident in Uttar Pradesh’s Kannauj. Several people have had to lose their lives in this tragedy. I express my condolences to the families of those killed. I also pray for the quick recovery of those injured.”



Congress MP Rahul Gandhi too tweeted, “I am hurt by the news of the death of 20 people in the road accident of Kannauj involving a collision between a bus and a truck. I express my condolences with the families of those killed and pray for the recovery of those injured.



According to Inspector General of Police, Kanpur range, Mohit Agarwal, 21 people were rescued from the bus and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

At least 20 feared dead after bus catches fire in Uttar Pradesh; PM Modi, Rahul Gandhi express condolences


http://bit.ly/386B4hZ
📢MBK Team | 📰JantaKaReporter
Share To:

inkPoint Media

Post A Comment: